The New Rules Of Marketing
Marketers, entrepreneurs and executives must shift their thinking from the short head of mainstream big budget marketing to the masses to a new strategy of targeting vast numbers of underserved audiences via the web.
Anyone who wants to be a leader and establish credibility has to have news coming out. You must get down to the essence of what your product or service solves and write good stories about that and publish them online.
Here are the shifts that you need to make.
- Marketing is more than advertising
- PR is for more than just mainstream media audiences
- You are what you publish
- People want authenticity, not fluff.
- People want participation, not propaganda
- Instead of a one way interruption, marketing is about delivering content at just the precise moment your audience needs it
- Marketers must shift their thinking from mainstream marketing to the masses to a strategy of reaching vast numbers of underserved audiences via the Web
- PR is not about your boss seeing your company on TV. It’s about your buyers song your company on the Web.
- Companies must drive people into the purchasing process with great online content
- Blogs, ebooks, online videos, news releases and other forms of online content ley organizations communicate directly with buyers ina firm they appreciate
Smart marketers are crafting compelling information and telling the world directly via the web.